22.6.13

Wabi Sabi or The Art of the Missing Potholder

Well yes, obviously, while pinning them to the wall,
It did feel more logical if I had crocheted one more of these potholders.
But there you are. The art of imperfection.
Slightly enhanced by the fact that I didn't block them.

ByHaafner, potholders, crochet, crocheted flower, white and pastels, pattern What you sow blog





















I immediately fell for the pattern when I came across it online.
You can find it on this lovely blog: What you sow.
Recommended!

ByHaafner, potholders, crochet, crocheted flower, white and pastels, pattern What you sow blog





















In case you'd like to give it a go, I slightly adapted the pattern.
American terminology:
Instead of making 2 clusters of 3 dc each
(to make the corners of the flower square),
I made 2 clusters of 3 trebles (tr) each.
(For me this worked better because it gives a sharper corner.)
Also I single crocheted (sc) along the two ends of the rows
before I half doubled crocheted (hdc) the coloured edge.
I mainly used Rico Creative Cotton and a 4 mm hook.

ByHaafner, potholders, crochet, crocheted flower, white and pastels, pattern What you sow blog




















It's an easy and very satifying pattern.
Before you know it, you've got a stack of these cuties.
So off you go to What you sow!

Enjoy your weekend.
(During which I hope to finally make the pictures of my finished blanket...)

21 comments:

  1. Those are all darling love the colors! Thanks for sharing the pattern, I might have to give these a try! :) Happy weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. De edele kunst van het weglaten. :)
    Ik gebruik echt nooit een pannenlap maar kan het niet nalaten ze te haken. En deze zijn de perfekte kandidaten voor mijn volgende pannenlap projekt.
    Ben reuze benieuwd naar je deken.
    Een heel fijn weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je! Ik vind het fijne van zo'n pannenlap dat je in het klein van alles kunt uitproberen (steken, kleuren, patronen) en dat je aan het einde toch een 'af' product hebt.

      Delete
  3. Dit zijn inderdaad hele leuke pannenlappen en mooi om te zien met de verschillende accentkleuren. Ik gebruik ook nooit pannenlappen, maar met dit patroon is een pannenlappendeken wel te maken:)
    Dank voor je leuke blogpost en een heel goed weekend gewenst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, dat is het genante; ik gebruik ze eigenlijk ook nooit. Alleen voor de sier... Ik kan dus nog wel een tijdje vooruit. ;-)

      Delete
  4. A very nice design. And display :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leuk hoor deze pannenlappen. Ben al een tijdje van plan om er een aantal te haken en kon nog geen keuze maken. Nu dus wel!! Bedankt voor het delen en nog een heel fijn weekend.

    Groetjes,
    Ina, Emmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt en veel succes met het patroontje!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous! I must try the Rico cotton sometime, it looks nice. Have a good week, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely nice to work with, it does split though... ;-)

      Delete
  7. As an absolute beginner I can only admire and be in total awe of your beautiful work and hope that one day I might be able to create something similar. Thanks for sharing this beautiful blog.
    http://bortehjemmeuavgjort.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very kind words... I will check out your blog!

      Delete
  8. What pretty colours. I'm so glad you like the pattern. I have used the rico creative cotton for these sometimes too. It's wonderful to work with.

    Thanks for sharing such pretty pictures,

    Lyndsey (What You Sow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the pattern on your blog! It's such an addictive pattern. I'm sure I'll make many more of them...

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, Wabi Sabi par excellence! I love this pattern and your interpretation is gorgeous. What cottons are you using in your work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;-) And thanks!
      Except the brown one (which is an organic brand), these are all made with Rico Creative Cotton.

      Delete
  10. Ze zijn wel heel erg mooi geworden! Bedankt voor de uitleg!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh what a lovely colourful array! I must hook one of these up ASAP for my collection...

    ReplyDelete